Font is too narrow

EllyZelly 16:46 05 Feb 2008

Hi everyone,
I am wondering if someone could help me. My computer (HP) had an update and after that was done, my screen images and screen icons became too narrow, as did my font. I now fixed the images problem and I think the screen is the appropriate size, but the font is still too narrow. Please help.

Technotiger 16:54 05 Feb 2008

Right-click on Desktop then go to Properties>Appearance and you can change the Font size.

EllyZelly 17:19 05 Feb 2008

Thank you...but that doesn't work. I already fiddled with font size. Besides, I have Vista so right clicking on the desktop doesn't bring up those options.

I was incorrect earlier...the images are slimmed down too.

T0SH 18:15 05 Feb 2008

If it was a TV display it would sound as if you had the aspect ratio set wrong

If your computer has a widescreen maybe there is an aspect setting in the monitor setup menu

Cheers HC

AlanHo 18:16 05 Feb 2008

Right click on desktop
Personalise
Display settings
Ensure the resolution is correct for your monitor

EllyZelly 18:31 05 Feb 2008

Thanks; I did that AlanHo, but when I press Default Monitor, it automatically shifts back to Generic PnP monitor (option). The screen resolution tab won't move, either.

EllyZelly 19:09 05 Feb 2008

I uninstalled the NIVDA driver and now the font and screen size and everything is way too huge.

EllyZelly 19:15 05 Feb 2008

I tried to download NIVDIA again but it said it couldn't locate any drivers for it and setup was exited.

Please help! I would rather have too narrow a screen than a huge one with everything taking up the whole screen.

EllyZelly 19:22 05 Feb 2008

Should I overwrite the NIVDIA that is already in the computer? At this point, I hestitate to do anything!

EllyZelly 19:22 05 Feb 2008

...the computer screen also 'blinks'

Diemmess 19:27 05 Feb 2008

It might be the display resolution?

Try right click in an empty area of destop.
Choose Properties, then Settings.

Move the slider towards a greater resolution (if the whole thing is still too large.)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires