Font style and size

Yimbo 00:15 09 Apr 2012
Answered

A while back, I created several slides as part of a presentation, to which I wish now to add two further slides. I want the text in these to be in the same font and size as the others. But, of course, I've forgotten which font was used!! Short of going through the entire list of fonts by trial and error - how can I find out which font (and size) I originally used. Is this information likely to have been stored anywhere? I used "Magix Xtreme Photo Designer 6" to create the originals.

Sea Urchin 00:46 09 Apr 2012

I haven't used Magix Xtreme Photo Designer 6 but in PowerPoint if you open a slide and click on the typeface you will see the Font and Point size shown in the Formatting Toolbar. I would assume there must be something similar in your program.

Yimbo 23:49 09 Apr 2012

Thanks Sea Urchin! I've now converted the slides into PowerPoint - but I can't find the "Formatting Toolbar" which you mention!

Could you please tell its location?

Thanks!

Sea Urchin 01:12 10 Apr 2012

It's one of the main Toolbars at the top of the window. If it is not displayed then right-click on the Toolbars and select Formatting.

See here

PowerPoint

Yimbo 14:11 10 Apr 2012

Hi again Sea Urchin! Sorry I'm making a meal of this - but I've now got the Formatting on the Toolbar - with lots of options - but blowed if I can find any info on font and point size used!

Youv'e been VERY patient - can I please ask for one more bit of your help? Where is this info displayed?

Sea Urchin 14:27 10 Apr 2012
Answer

Can you see in my link above the display showing Arial font style and 18 point size?

If those buttons are not showing then look for the double arrowhead symbol (to the left of Arial in my link) and click, which should display more buttons. There may also be one at the right hand side of the Toolbar.

Yimbo 19:25 10 Apr 2012

Thank you so much Sea Urchin! I managed to get the list of fonts displayed. I typed in some words on a fresh slide, and by going through the fonts, each one changing my typed words, I waa able to find the right font for my purpose!

You've been great! I really appreciate your time and patience!

Sea Urchin 19:34 10 Apr 2012

Delighted to hear that you have sorted your dilemma - thanks very much for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?