Font size windows live

tonyx1302 17:33 26 Feb 2009

I cannot permanently change the font size and name on Windows Live Hotmail. I change it to what size I want and type away and send but then it reverts back to the default which is Verdana size10 and not what I want

Thanks

Tony

Sea Urchin 17:41 26 Feb 2009

Go to Tools/Options/Compose tab and click Font Settings beside Mail. Select Font Style/Size - click Apply and OK.

VoG II 17:43 26 Feb 2009

If you can't see Tools, press ALT + M then choose Options.

Sea Urchin 17:46 26 Feb 2009

That applies to Windows Live Mail. If you are using the Hotmail website then I think you have to select it each time.

tonyx1302 18:26 26 Feb 2009

Thank you for those two suggestions and I think Sea Urchin is right in that you have to set the size etc. every time. I tried VoG's way but still could not bring up Tools with his method.
XP home with SP3

Tony

Sea Urchin 18:32 26 Feb 2009

So I presume you are accessing your mail via the Hotmail site. This link confirms that it is not possible to change the default font in Hotmail, and the workaround they suggest is downloading Windows Live Mail as I mentioned above.

click here

tonyx1302 18:51 26 Feb 2009

Thanks for that post Sea Urchin. After quickly reading the headings, it does appear that you cannot change the font for Windows Live Hotmail. Evidently thoughthe I.T boffins are burning the midnight oil to try and rectify the problem, so I won't hold my breath

Thank you

Tony

doughas 16:39 18 Apr 2009

change your signature to whatever font size you want, then before you start writing a new email write in the space in front of your signature, mine automatically changed to the font size i have for my signature, i found this by accident as i hate having to change font size all the time. i hope can understand what i have said

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone