font missing in excel

CROPP 12:12 01 Jan 2006

I have a folder full of Excel docs. Just lately when I open one the font appears to have changed. In the font box on the top bar its says Arial. If I change part of the text in the spreadsheet to a different font and then go back to see if I can change to Arial, then arial has disappeared from the list. The problem this is causing me is that all the sheets when printing with the "new default" font cause the printer to print over two pages instead of one. I got a copy of Arial and put this in the WINDOWS/FONTS folder but this doesn't appear to be where Excel gets it's fonts from. I tried re - installing Office 97 but this didn't work either.
I'm assuming that Arial has gone missing from a folder but I can't find which one.

pauldonovan 12:27 01 Jan 2006

How about word? Is arial ok there? If it is just excel then i'd suggest it isn't a font problem but an excel problem.

CROPP 15:49 04 Jan 2006

It's the same problem in Word.
If Idrop a font in to the windows / fonts folder , it doesn't seem to appear in the drop down list in Word or Excel.

pauldonovan 15:53 04 Jan 2006

..in a version of windows I recall there was then an option to 'install' the font.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?