Font Managers

osben 11:27 28 Jul 2003

Hi

I have a lot of fonts in my font folder and would like to be able to put them in some form of Font Manager Package so that instead of the drivers for these fonts loading everytime I start up (which does seem to slow the start-up down a lot) I can easily go to the font manager whilst in Word and look for a font and then load it as necessary without a loty of hassle.

Can anyone recommend a good font manager I can download from the net which is easy to operate with MS Word.

Thanks in advance.

toxin 16:00 28 Jul 2003

A Google search will bring up a few, some of which are available as trial downloads.

Personally I use Font Navigator which shipped with Corel Draw, this allows installation and removal as required of both Truetype & Postscript fonts.

One simple way of installing fonts if you only need a few at a time, is to d,click on the fonts required, which brings up the font sample; minimize this, open the program you are going to use, and the fonts you d.clicked & minimized should appear in the drop down font list.

When finished close the program, and the fonts listed as minimized on the task bar, and they will be uninstalled.

To carry out the foregoing your fonts will need to be in a seperate folder away from windows; Do not move any of the fonts with a red 'A' in the icon, and preverably keep Arial as your first font in the list.

Hope this helps, Toxin.

osben 09:25 29 Jul 2003

I'll give it a try

regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?