Font Change?

s99Raj 14:49 25 Feb 2010

My XP Prof desktop suddenly began to run very, very slow one day, so I did a virus scan and deleted what it (AVG) found and my machine seemed to be back to its normal speed again.

Now (which may be totally unrelated to the above) I've noticed that when I go to Start/Turn Off Computer, the font at the heading (i.e. the words "TURN OFF COMPUTER", in capitals) of the dialog box has changed to what looks a little like Biondi.

How could this have happened? All other fonts seem to be the same. How do I change it back?

GaT7 15:19 25 Feb 2010

Try number 249 at click here.

Download it to your PC, then double-click on the file to merge it into your registry. Click 'Yes' to any warnings. You may need to reboot for the changes to take effect. G

P.S. Get back if you're having difficulty downloading it - there's an alternative method you can use, which I'll explain

howard64 15:19 25 Feb 2010

try right clicking on the screen and properties then appearance default xp should put things right

GaT7 15:24 25 Feb 2010

Actually howard64 has a point...

Right-click Desktop, select Properties, then on the Appearance tab click on the Advanced button.

Select Message Box under Item in the drop-down list, & choose Tahoma under Font. Click on OK, Apply, OK. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache