Folders Showing Items in Reverse Order

ANJB78 19:26 28 Dec 2004

Hi, It is a simple but irritating problem I have noticed that just seemed to happen one day for some reason.

Now all my folders are listed in alphabetical order as I set them normally and that is fine, However when I want to say download a file and I choose which folder to put that file in everything is in reverse order?!! I have tried changing this manually each time and tried something else but every single time that happens everything again shows in reverse order (Z-A not A-Z)

As I say it's very irritating and I'm sure it must be something very simple! Could someone please help?

watchful 20:25 28 Dec 2004

Under View, arrange icons by...have you got name bulleted?

If modified is shown then they'll be in date order.

MFKR78 21:00 28 Dec 2004

I have but that only shows when I look at the file say from my desktop, It has name bulleted under view but they ARE in order anyway.

To explain better if I try to say change my desktop pic and I browse those same folders on my desktop everything backwards and I can't see how to change it or keep it changed.

It's the same if I download a file, Everything is in reverse order yet if I open the folder from my desktop everything is in order as I wanted??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?