Folders Resizing themselves.

Demora 11:13 28 Oct 2003

Hi.

I have put up with the quirk of XP for long enough.

I am really sick of the folders I have on my desktop maximising themselves most times when I open them. How do I get xp to keep em the size I WANT them.

I hat the folders opening and a great big glarey white screen with a few Icons in it. Grrrr.

TIA

Demora

Demora 19:52 03 Nov 2003

A week ago I posted the above message and NOT one reply. Not good as this is really beginning to get on my nerves. I hate going away from My PC and coming back only to find the darn folders are not the size I left em.

I want them to stay the size I manipulate them to be.

TIA

powerless 19:58 03 Nov 2003

The forum is very busy and your post/question will slip down the page and onto page 2 and so on. To make your post appaear back at the top of page just post again on here. This way someone else will see it and hopefully answer it.

Try...

Start, control panel, folder options, view, Make sure "Remember each folders view settings" is ticked.

You may have to resize them.

Demora 21:48 06 Nov 2003

Done that.

BUT if for eg I open My Documents(which has loads in it) which will open full screen then the others just follow. ie My Rubbish opens full screen and theres one thing in it although I resized it half an hour ago .

Demora

Sam Witch 23:56 06 Nov 2003

I saw your new postand rather than duplicate I followed up here, the windowssize is apparently related to IE size. if you have IE set to open full size then most explorer windows open to that size. I remember a tip which went - size the window you want not using the maximize button, then hold down ctrl and close the window using the X it should remember the size. (It does with me)

woodchip 00:06 07 Nov 2003

What you are talking hear are icon or thumb nails of folders. I am on Win98 so not familiar with XP but it will more than likely be in Windows Explorer under settings or some such. look for the above thumb nail icon sizing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?