Is this folder(& sub-folder) danger 2 my computer?

Triprajul 06:55 17 Jun 2010

Greetings:

Having too much time on my hand, I clicked on My Computer, clicked on C: drive, clicked on Program Files and started deleting any folder that was either empty and/or referred to programs I earlier uninstalled. Everything was going great (I hope) until I came to a folder called “xerox” with a sub-folder called “nwwia”. The computer said that the folder and sub-folder contained 0 bytes so I decided to delete them (and I didn’t recognized the folder/subfolder name anyway so why not). However, when I attempted to delete the folder (and sub-folder), my computer suddenly shut down and then rebooted. I also discovered that the folder and sub-folder in question were not deleted. How can an empty folder and empty sub-folder put up such a fight? Do I have something nasty on my hands or do I just not understand the situation? Any advice given is greatly appreciated.

Technotiger 07:26 17 Jun 2010

I must confess I do not know the intricate details, but as far as I am aware, this folder is not actually harmful. I would therefore suggest that you right-click on the Folder and go to Properties, then put a tick in the box to make the folder 'Hidden' - click Apply and OK out.

I would hazard a guess that this is Microsoft's work and nothing to worry about.

rdave13 07:28 17 Jun 2010

According to click here "They're
supposed to be in Program Files."

Ikelos 07:30 17 Jun 2010

have a read here.....

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?