Folder for a specific user of a network

roman.pro 13:43 17 Jan 2009

Can anyone help with this?
I got peer to peer network with 2 computers, both XP.
I've created folder called "MyFolder" on PC1 and I need to allow access to this folder only for one specific user- USER1 either from pc1 or pc2.
I've set up a workgroup and permissions with access only for USER1 to this folder and when I'm trying to access it from PC2 I got this message:

\\computername\MyFolder is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Access is denied.

what I'd like to do is, to get a message appeared asking for user name and password to access the folder when attempting to open MyFolder from any user acount on any computer.
Anyone could point me the right direction?
Thanks.

dawood 16:26 17 Jan 2009

Check out this share file with group/user permissions in XP Pro click here and see any configuration error.

roman.pro 22:20 17 Jan 2009

Thanks. I can't see anything what could be wrong there though. I've ticked full control for user1 in sharing permissions and also full control in security tab. all the othe users are not allowed to acces the folder but not denied either.
hope this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?