Folder Lock - Forgotten Password

Angry Kid 19:58 04 Dec 2006

I know this may sound daft, however, I am talking to a friend online, and he is trying to use this program click here for the first time in ages. Unfortunately, he has forgotten the password.

Is there anyway that he can find out the password...I know this kind of defeats the idea of this program. However, he would be most greatful if somebody knew a way around this tricky problem.

Angry :-)

VoG II 20:09 04 Dec 2006

Try click here and click on Secrets - it *might* work.

SANTOS7 20:11 04 Dec 2006

You can use your Master Key, which is your registration key in the password text field, and click the OK button to access your files. Master Key is available to registered users only. Enabling this allows people who have forgotten their password to use their registration key in place of a password to unlock their files. This option is checked by default in the registered version. You can uncheck it if you feel it would be even safer. However, you should uncheck it only if you have a very good memory. But for oblivious people like me, it is better to keep it checked, because it is the only way you can get your files back if you forget your password.

Angry Kid 20:34 04 Dec 2006

VoG™.... thanks for the idea...unfortunately it does not reveal the password.

SANTOS7...thanks for the post. I had seen this in the troubleshooting questions/answers on the folder lock page.

I will leave this post open for the time being to see if anyone else has any thoughts.

Thanks again for your posts.

Angry ;)

SANTOS7 20:44 04 Dec 2006

click here
this may help..

Angry Kid 22:31 04 Dec 2006

SANTOS7...

Once again this has not found the password.

Thanks for the post again.

Angry ;)

Angry Kid 19:43 07 Dec 2006

^bump....one last try.

Angry ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?