Folder Icon Help - My Music and My Pictures

cheerup347 11:38 10 Apr 2008

Hi,

I have just installed a 2nd hard drive, i have moved all my music and videos to this hard drive to save the other one for system files etc.

How can i create a 'My Music' Folder, like the one in my documents onto the 2nd hard drive?

I basically want to delete the my music folder in the C drive and add one on my 2nd hard drive, sounds petty but i have got so used to using the icons i need them now.

Where can i get the original my music XP icons and apply them to the folders?

Thanks

johnnyrocker 11:41 10 Apr 2008

why did you not transfer the whole folder then no c drive deletion needed?

johnny

Terry Brown 11:50 10 Apr 2008

I would suggest a much simpler system.
On your DESKTOP right click on My Documents, select Properties, change the address to the new document folder on your 2nd srive. Click OK. Option to transfer all documents to new folder, OK.
In future all documents will go direct to the 2nd drive in your new document folder.
Terry

cheerup347 11:50 10 Apr 2008

because I'm an idiot, and did it the way i thought would work :)

it worked, I've just been wondering how to get the icons for like my music etc.

EDIT - Got the icons on the folder. Just need to know this;

IN the start menu, I have my Music and My Pictures on the right hand side as a normal shortcut thing. How can i change those shortcuts to target them at my NEW my music and my pictures folders on my other hard drive?

Thanks

cheerup347 14:43 10 Apr 2008

IN the start menu, I have my Music and My Pictures on the right hand side as a normal shortcut thing. How can i change those shortcuts to target them at my NEW my music and my pictures folders on my other hard drive?

recap 14:49 10 Apr 2008

Right click the My Documents folder select Properties then Find Target..., browse to the new location, click OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?