.flv into .mp3

TicTacToc 21:54 25 Oct 2006

Hi all,
Was playing around with a Firefox extension that allowed you to download a video from a web page like youtube or google videos.

Have downloaded it successfully and played the file in VLC Media Player successfully. However, I can't manage to convert it to anything without either the colour messing up and artifacting so the video is near unwatchable or just getting a 0kb file.

I don't think anything can go straight from .flv to .mp3 (without costing a lot of money) so I was just trying to convert to .avi or any other video type that would allow an easy .mp3 extraction?

I have got the .mp3 from some videos but it won't open in Itunes? What file format do I need to save into?

Anyone know of some good free software for these jobs? Riva FLV Encoder 2 is good, but all colour is completely messed up when converting from .flv.

I have also tried Video Mp3 Extracter Pro but the resulting mp3 file won't open in Itunes.

Or can it not be done at all?

Thanks for any help :)

skidzy 21:59 25 Oct 2006

I think you need to convert the MP3 to AAC to work properly in Itunes.

skidzy 22:01 25 Oct 2006

This may help click here

TicTacToc 22:22 25 Oct 2006

Thanks for the link, 'replay converter' is working well as my movie converter.

For some reason Itunes is happily opening my .mp3s if I lower the conversion quality a bit. ..odd.

So sorted for now, thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?