Flutteroo bargain offers

kimtrnc 05:36 04 Jan 2011

Anyone used Flutteroo? I tend to believe that anything that sounds too good to be true - IS too good to be true...
who has "won" something for an amazingly good price. If anyone.........

Forum Editor 10:56 04 Jan 2011

is that you pay to bid in the auctions on Flutteroo. For £12:50 you buy 45 chances to bid, and the last person to bid in an auction wins the item concerned.

That means people do get items at very low cost, but only those who place the last bid. Everyone else who bids in that auction loses money, and that's how it all works - the operators hope that the losing bids cover the actual cost of the item and leave enough over for them to make a profit.

It's not illegal. You simply have to pay to bid, and some people get carried away. They may get a £200 camera for £10, but they forget about the £200 they spent in losing bids on previous auctions.

Graphicool1 11:30 04 Jan 2011

If you want a chance to win MONEY without losing any. By doing what most of us do everyday anyway, browsing/surfing the Internet...click here

SEARCH LOTTO is the new search engine that rewards you by giving free tickets into the UK National Lottery just for searching the web.

It's simple - just create a free account and start searching. For every 25 searches you perform, we will give you a Lottery ticket, absolutely free!

Chris the Ancient 11:55 04 Jan 2011

Graphicool1 is a regular in the forum... but this almost looks almost like spam - especially that last line "we will give you". Surely you're not connected?

I'm still a great believer that there is no such thing as a free lunch. Somewhere along the line somebody pays for the ticket.

Graphicool1 13:53 04 Jan 2011

I lifted the two short para's below 'Click Here' from their opening page.

I signed up with them, just before Xmas. As I'm always searching the Net either for myself or others on PCA. I thought I'd give it a shot. In the first three days I'd racked up enough points to received two tickets.

They don't count all your searches, no repeat searches only new ones. Otherwise I'd have got several tickets.

You don't physically get the tickets, but you can print off your numbers. Your numbers go into a syndicate, so you get even more chances at winning that week. they also publish the names of winners.

If you win, they prefer to pay you through PayPal, but they aren't connected to PayPal. I checked. They will ~ if you prefer ~ pay you through other bank accounts. I chose PayPal because I already have an online account with them.

Graphicool1 13:58 04 Jan 2011

I forgot to mention, they are doing this in conjunction with my favourite search engine Yahoo!.

vicklog 15:58 28 Jul 2011

just tried to log on to flutteroo and it seems it has gone out of business thankfully i didn't have much left in there but others might and there is to be no refunds given

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache