flopy drive problem

conrail 12:01 22 Nov 2008

running xp home, just fitted new cpu onto pc and reconneted all cables, had to remove floppy csble and power plug to get to mb to plug in cpu, now I have a permanent light on the floppy and it does not read the discs, the red stripe is to the right on the ribbon cable as it is with the other drives, all suggestions gratefully accepted

RobCharles1981 12:09 22 Nov 2008

You need to "twist" the floppy drive cable in order to make it work.

lotvic 12:25 22 Nov 2008

The red stripe should be next to the red wire on the power supply at the back of the floppy dive.

Usually floppy drive connections are 'upside-down' compared to the other drive connections

conrail 12:26 22 Nov 2008

thanks Beta, thats what I though so I have removed the drive and the ribbon cable from both the drive and mb plus the power cable and reinstalled and reconnected them all but still the same

conrail 12:40 22 Nov 2008

sorry RobTheOrganGuru and lotvic, I replied to Beta before reading your posts, have changed the ribbon over and now everything is fine, I appreciate all help and suggestions, I had always thought the red stripe went to the right on all drives, again thanks a lot, hope Santa brings you what you want this Christmas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?