Floppy disk full, but not full!

Cous Cous 20:23 08 May 2003

When I first save a new document (mostly this relates to excel) to floppy, it works fine. Usually works second time too. Then I get a message saying that it has problems accessing the drive, or that the disk is full and no more information can be saved. I have also encountered problems opening up existing files. Please help! Am running windows 98, and have run a full virus scan, and tried reverting to an old version of excel, but still get problems. Have also tried a brand new floppy drive to no avail.

Pesala 23:30 08 May 2003

I don't use Excel, but it sounds like it is trying to make a temporary backup file before saving your new copy. Not enough room on the disk for the file and the temporary backup file. Save your work to the hard disk first, then copy it to the floppy disk.

Cous Cous 20:31 09 May 2003

Thanks for tip. Off to give it a try. Watch this space!

Cous Cous 21:10 09 May 2003

Tried above. Will save to floppy some times. Tried to copy from hard drive to floppy with some sucess, but have met with the message on blue screen 'Disk Write Error Unable to write to disk in drive A. Data or files may be lost. Press any key to continue' Any more suggestions?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?