Floppy disk to cd (bootable)

thedrive 16:28 12 Oct 2008

I want to make a bootable CD from a 2 disc program that I have The burning software that I use is Nero

Thank you (in advance)for any help/instruction that anyone may have

Batch 17:33 12 Oct 2008

3 simple steps:

1/
Burn each floppy to CD as a bootable image using Nero's bootable CD option
2/
Enable boot from CD on PC
3/
Use each CD just as if it's a floppy (on booting it should ask for the second diskette - just insert the 2nd CD)

The reason I think you need to create 2 CDs is that in making the CD bootable, it creates a special area that emulates another (bootable) device (e.g. a floppy) and the files that you copy elsewhere on to the CD are not visible. So, as far as I can see, there is no point in adding the second floppy as data to the 1st CD as you won't be able to access it. Following on from this, you can't just make CD 1 after the style of a bootable floppy and then CD2 as an ordinary CD - the contents of the second CD need to "appear" as if like a floppy (but on a CD) as well and burning it from Nero as a bootable image (even though the second floppy isn't actually bootable) is the way to do this.

There is a more sophisticated way of getting it all on a single CD - I think this link click here gets into it. But as it says - it's for situations where you want to regularly make bootable CDs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?