floppy disc files to CD

switchon 16:11 18 Nov 2008

Hi I have copied floppy disc files onto my com, can I now copy those files to a CD
I have a CD-RW.If not can someone please tell me how.
regards

woodchip 16:40 18 Nov 2008

Either use Nero as Data burner or if XP you should be able to just drag the files onto the CD icon if XP burner is still enabled on your computer

mgmcc 16:44 18 Nov 2008

Once you have the files in the PC, right click them and select "Send to" and then your rewritable CD/DVD drive. They will appear as files waiting to be written to a CD disk in the window of that drive. Right click a blank part of that window and select "Write these files to CD".

Diemmess 16:48 18 Nov 2008

Yes.
The files are now on your PC's HD, and should copy directly using a CD writer just like any other file you may have burned in the past.

Two other things which have a bearing.....

The method probably depends on which operating system you use and suitable software.

My advice would be to use a plain recordable disk with a manufacturer's name to it, and don't use the re-writable variety which can be much less reliable particularly over time.

switchon 18:23 18 Nov 2008

Hi I have tried right clicking on filesbut yhe only showing is the floppy drive apart from documents ect.I have drieddragging it onto myCD drive icon but comes up with the following
E:\ is not accesible, incorrect funtion

Woodchip does this mean my ep burner is not on the system?

switchon 18:26 18 Nov 2008

I have been trying do do it using the following SONY CD-R 700mb

mgmcc 19:34 18 Nov 2008

Assuming XP:
In "My Computer", right click your CD/DVD-RW drive and select Properties. Click the "Recording" tab and ensure the box is ticked for "Enable CD recording on this drive".

In Vista, the same tab will have a drop-down menu from which to select the "default recorder".

switchon 19:46 18 Nov 2008

Hi I'v done what you have suggested but to avail . it was enabled Would the file being in zip form be the problem
it is XP

mgmcc 19:58 18 Nov 2008

There's no reason why you cannot burn a ZIP file to a CD, so that isn't the problem.

If you don't have a separate CD/DVD burning program, have a look at the very good *FREE* program from click here which should be more reliable than Windows' built-in CD burning.

switchon 20:05 18 Nov 2008

Hi mgmccI have downloaded the item you have said and will have a look later on ,been at this for two days now I will let you know how i get on many thanks everyone
regards

woodchip 21:19 18 Nov 2008

Your Drive is a Recorder I presume?????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017