Flight Simulator 2004

DAKAR 23:37 17 Mar 2009

Hi
Can anyone help or advise on what I can do, when I am playing Flight Sim after about 5 minutes it minimises and sits in the bottom task bar then I have to bring it back up and press P to continue this happens through out the time I am on the game It appears something keeps timing out but I dont know what it could be or where to go to alter it.
Help greatly appreciated
Regards
Dakar

muddypaws 09:15 18 Mar 2009

The only time it has done it for me is when I am still connected on line and an Anti Spyware etc gets an update, but every 5 minutes tends to rule that out.
Suggest you try on FS forum click here
Have you tried re-setting defaults:
In XP
Start>All Progs>Microsoft games>FS2004>trouble shooting> reset defaults.
Just remember what personal settings you have established.

DAKAR 17:42 18 Mar 2009

Thanks muddypaws I will try resetting all back to default will let you know
Regards
Dakar

muddypaws 18:31 18 Mar 2009

DAKAR
Have you got any or all of the settings at maximum? This could cause a graphic's card or CPU problem. If a reset cures it-- that is likely to be the problem
Has it only just started doing it?

DAKAR 20:47 18 Mar 2009

Hi muddypaws
when you say the settings what settings do you mean
I have also posed the question on flight sim forum but they are not as quick of the mark as you guys
Regards
Dakar

muddypaws 12:25 19 Mar 2009

Go to 'Create a Flight' screen.
Bottom left is the settings tab.
Work your way through all the tabs and sliders.
'Display' also has tabs across the top. Have a look here at the 'Weather' settings. Particularly '3D clouda' and 'Cloud draw' distance
If you have them all at max then lower them a bit.
Especially check the 'Realism' settings.
Have you tried leaving FS on the opening screen ( Create a flight' etc). Does it crash from that screen or only when you are actually flying?
Does it do it when you are flying a basic Cessna?
Are you connected to the internet when flying because, as I said earlier, if a programme is checking for updates it can cause the fault.
ie have you got a minimised mail programme set to check for messages every 5 minutes.
Anything more technical than the above I fear will have be tackled by brainier people than me.

DAKAR 20:03 19 Mar 2009

Hi muddypaws
Thankyou very much for the information that makes a lot of sense I will work through what you have suggested and get back to you. yes it crashes while flying a basic cessna
Regaeds
Dakar

DAKAR 19:11 23 Mar 2009

Hi muddy paws
I have reset all settings down to default and it appears to be working ok at present
Thanks a lot for your help
Dakar

muddypaws 19:47 23 Mar 2009

Glad you are now up and running. Hope it stays that way for you. mp

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires