Flight Sim. 2002 Hangs System

SEGT 20:45 05 Oct 2003

I am running windows 98 SE on Athlon 1600xp, with NVidea Geforce 2 64 mb Graphics card, 512MB Ram. I have run Flight Simulator 2002 for over 12 months without a hitch. Recently it has started to hang the system after varied periods from 10 seconds to 60 minutes. Runs other highly demanding games like Combat Flight sim. 3 without problem. I have re-formatted the hard drive removed all unnecessary peripherals and run a clean install of windows 98 se and flight sim only installed, but the problem is still there. Also removed graphics card and ran on inbuilt SIS graphics card, same problem. I have ran out of ideas, I live for my Flight Simulator, what can I do?

ams4127 22:14 05 Oct 2003

I have the same programme setup on a similar system but using an old 1GB Athlon and XP, and it runs fine.

My immediate reaction would be overheating but since CFS3 runs OK it would appear to rule that out.

Have you changed anything else recently? New joystick or something causing a conflict? Maybe your cooling fan isn't working as well as it used to.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but you seem to have covered most things yourself!

BBez 22:32 05 Oct 2003

try updating your audio driver (on-board or card). Had similar problem with a "realtek" audio chipset and a driver update cured it.

SEGT 23:20 08 Oct 2003

My 'A' drive won't recognise when a disk is put into it. I have checked in the device manager and it says the floppy drive controller and generic floppy drive are functioning properly, but wqhen I try to read a disk I get a message saying load floppy. I bought a new floppy drive and tried it but the problem remains. Any ideas.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?