Flicking LG 795FT monitor

johnem 21:10 01 Sep 2004

Hi gang, back for some advice. My LG monitor has recently started flickering. I thought it was possibly due to a bad connecting or localised over heating. I carefull blew out the dust from within the PC, removed and reseated the Nvidia video card, downloaded and installed the latest XP drivers, pressed degauss and still have a flickering screen. Not constantly, but annoying. The sides of the display sometimes has jagged edges. The LG monitor is just about 3 years old and almost out of warranty, just my luck. Any ideas as to what I check next?

Diodorus Siculus 21:14 01 Sep 2004

Try the degauss option under the OSD settings from the front of the monitor. It may help.

johnem 21:22 01 Sep 2004

Diodorus Siculus, thanks for the advice, have just tried that and it seems to have improved. I thought that I had tried degauss yesterday, must have been something to do with the full moon!!

JonnyTub 21:26 01 Sep 2004

If it's only "improved" and not fixed and you have a 3 year warranty send it back before it runs out, it should work perfectly. Even if they turn around and say it's fine it will still probably receive a service.

johnem 23:04 16 Sep 2004

JonnyTub, thanks for the advise. I got in touch with LG by e-mail, they suggested that I ring the service desk. They were very helpful, checked the warranty and found that although the monitor was out of the actual 3 year warranty from date of purchase, that according to their records it was still in warranty. To my surprise, they offered a monitor swap over. So I now have a brand new LG monitor, at no cost to me. Brilliant response from a manufacturer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017