Flatbed Scanners & Windows 200

busybaz 17:21 28 Apr 2003

Why does my latest PC not recognise my Agfa 1212USB Scanner - at Startup or when trying to use Add Hardware Wizard?

MSI MS-6590 (KT $ Ultra)Motherboard
AMI BIOS Version 7.00T
Windows 2000 Professional

If I go into Control Panel/Scanners & Cameras/Add, the list of available devices shows only cameras for each manufacturer - does the fault lye here? Are there some system files missing & if so, is there a Windows2000 equivalent of the Windows 98 System File Checker?

Scanner worked fine on Windows 98 & on upgrade to Windows 2000 on old PC and still works OK on other kit.

Baz

Paranoid Android 17:51 28 Apr 2003

The most serious problem with this device is that any kind of botched installation tends to be terminal - often requiring a complete reformat to fix it. I have had direct experience of this on several occasions.

You could try downloading the latest Snapscan software from the Agfa site - this includes drivers for 2000/XP. However note my previous point.

Follow the advice on the Agfa site to 'completely' remove the old software and drivers. Take the time to hunt down everything you can find. Then follow the installation instructions exactly. The process is not forgiving.

Marvin

busybaz 10:25 08 May 2003

Uninstall software (AND Scanner using Device Manager).

Install Scanwise 2.00 downloaded from Agfa site.

Start Scanwise, switch on scanner to detect, do NOT continue with installation.

Go to Device Manager, right click scanner, update driver, SELECT "display a list of known drivers...", select Snapscan 1212U & ok. Drivers should now install.

Marv, if you still got an Agfa scanner, upgrade - it has GOT to be easier!!!!

Cheers

Baz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache