flat panel or CRT?

ray27 08:50 16 Oct 2003

I purchased a new computer last March but due to a series of unfortunate problems the company concerned has agreed to a refund.

I now find myself in the situation of having to go through the whole process again.

I have learnt an awful lot thanks to many people on this forum and wonder if you can assist once again.

The last time I asked the company to change the specification from a flat panel monitor to a CTR as my eyesight is not so good and I had read that it was easier to read text on the CRT.

Things have moved on since then and I am wondering if the same holds true.

Should I opt for the flat panel monitor (one that would be equivalent to a 19 in CRT) or a CRT?
Many thanks Ray

ray27 14:32 26 Nov 2003

no replies

Djohn 15:29 26 Nov 2003

Sorry ray, this post slipped past me. I have followed your other threads concerning the problems you had and the advice you asked for.

We did discuss this issue before some months back, it was mine and others recommendation that because of your eyesight a 19" CRT set to a resolution of 1024x 768 or even 800x600 would be the best choice. The same still holds true, CRT flat panel will be the best choice.

Regards. j.

woodchip 15:57 26 Nov 2003

I just got a CRT 19" 1600X1200 Refresh at 100hz at 1024X768 25DPI Cost at MAKRO £89.99 plus vat on sale this morning

minter 18:09 26 Nov 2003

If your eyesight is bad then I would recommend a CRT. You can set any resolution you need to to be able to see the screen easily.

A TFT screen has one setting that it works at best and for a 19 in. that would be in the region of 1280 x 1024 - quite small.

I have just (24hrs) got a new 19in CRT (up from a 17in, it was either that or a new set of glasses and the monitor is cheaper).

I need to be able to jump from 1024 x 768 and back up to 1280 x 1024 depending on what I am doing.

I can also use the settings between which makes it very convenient for different purposes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?