Flashplayer Problem

Phoenix40 12:28 09 Aug 2010

Hello i think i might have a problem with my Flashplayer 9 that might be affecting my desktop. I tried to install the latest version Flashplayer 10 but it wont install. Then i read on the Adobe site i should uninstall the old version first. When i tried this it came up with a message saying there was an error 20 whatever that is and couldnt uninstall it from my computer? I got a feeling now my Flashplayer isnt working properly as i couldnt see it on your opening screen. Im using Wins Vista, hope someone can help thanks.

northumbria61 12:45 09 Aug 2010

Have you tried going to Control Panel - Programs & Features - uninstall entry for Adobe Flash Player ?

Phoenix40 14:19 09 Aug 2010

Hello thank you for your reply. I have manage to install the Adobe Flashplayer 10 in the end. What i want to know now is that i notice there is a separate folder called Flashplayer 9 Internet Explorer. Is it the same thing, or something different from Flashplayer 10? Because thats where i had the problem of uninstalling thinking that was the one i had to remove. Now i notice the explorer icon has disappeared next to the description. So do i still need this for IE 7 i have, or is the Flashplayer 10 quite adequate for IE 7. I hope someone understands this and gets back to me thanks.

northumbria61 14:44 09 Aug 2010

Flash Player 10 is an upgraded version of Flash Player 9 - you don't need both. Have a look in Control Panel you should have something resembling the following :-

1. Adobe Flash Player 10 - ActiveX - V.10.0.45.2
2. Adobe Flash Player 10 - Plugin - V.10.1.53.64

In addition if you have Adobe Reader (for PDF's) you should see - Adober Rdaer V.9.3.3

northumbria61 14:45 09 Aug 2010

Correction - In addition if you have Adobe Reader (for PDF's) you should see - Adobe Reader V.9.3.3

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The 12 best apps for drawing and painting on your iPad

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?