Flashing Pointer

Mike 22:43 17 Aug 2005

As I write this question on a Toshiba Satellite 1640CDT running Win 98v2 the pointer arrow is flashing on and off, (not the flashing "|")The "i" belonging to Real Player in the system tray, is also flashing. The laptop is running very slowly yet system resource's are 60% free. I only have two copies of IE open on my Email and another open hear.

The laptop has been on long enough for Spybot,Panda firewall and AV to do there thing so I cannot think what is going on.

Any ideas appreciated.

Michael

Satmansq 08:26 18 Aug 2005

The i flashing for Real Player may indicate that an update is available, dont use it myself, if this is the case update and hope it cures both problems.

wee eddie 08:56 18 Aug 2005

A program flashing indicated that it has product available. Maybe an open file, or as Satmansq suggests, an Update.

Real can be a pain that way.

Personally, I have disabled it and only open it when required.

Mike 14:54 19 Aug 2005

Thanks guys,

Some how RealPlayer was doing an update (very slowly), why I don't know as I have not authorised automatic updates, and in any case Panda should have notified me that RealPlayer was attempting to make outside contact. Time of Files confirm this happened.

Is possible that I clicked Ok to Panda before it fully opened with the warning as I had already closed an Item in the system tray. However all seems well know.

Thanks for your help

Michael

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?