Flashed Motherboard while flashing cd drive

CodenameCueball 11:00 16 Jun 2007

If you see my other post, click here you will notice i upgraded the firmware on BOTH my drives. I recently went back to xp Home but the drives still didnt work. Then, i bought a Philips DVD-RW drive, same prob. the philips worked in another pc, and a friend said it was something to do with the motherboard, a MSI MS-7061. He said when i flashed the firmware, I must of flashed something on the motherboard aswell.
Any ideas how to fix this,

Cueball

Stuartli 11:07 16 Jun 2007

Try uninstalling both drives from Device Manager and then rebooting.

Windows should Find New Hardware and then reinstall the basic CDROM driver for both drives.

bjh 11:08 16 Jun 2007

It's extremely unlikely that you could do this - despite what your friend says. Further details needed for help.

CodenameCueball 11:35 16 Jun 2007

well, i have replaced the cables 3 times, have a samsung TS-H552U, a pioneer DVR-160D and a crapped ms-7061 motherboard

Totally-braindead 13:50 16 Jun 2007

Does the computer start up at all? If it does and it just doesn't see the optical drives then I would say that it isn't anything to do with the motherboard BIOS being flashed or not.
I have only flashed the motherboard perhaps 3 or 4 times as I only ever do it if its absolutly essential and all has gone well for me. But it is my understanding that if the BIOS flash fails on the motherboard that it won't start at all. It would be effectively dead.
Have you tried Stuartlis suggestion?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:06 16 Jun 2007

check in BIOS that IDE controllers are enabled, especially if using SATA HDDs

CodenameCueball 18:34 16 Jun 2007

everything is enabled, i can see the drive in my computer, do everything with it, except read disks

CodenameCueball 18:37 16 Jun 2007

i will install the philpis drive as my pc only supports 4 ide devices, and i have 4 installed. so all drives will be unistalled and reinstalled,
thanks

woodchip 22:36 16 Jun 2007

This sounds like Drive Controllers need updating in Windows. If you have Formatted and Reloaded Windows, Have you reloaded the Motherboard Drivers?????

CodenameCueball 08:34 17 Jun 2007

i have taken all your advise, and everything was working before i went to vista. i just reloaded the image via Acronis True Image OEM. Also, if i am going to replace my motherboard, what would be the intel 478 equivilant of the MS-7061 (socket A)

CodenameCueball 08:37 17 Jun 2007

oh and it has nothing to do with the bios, was going to flash it with a custom epa logo, but it was too high risk

p.s I was writing the first post on my pc without working drives.

p.p.s I will try to make a movie and put it o my site showing the prob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?