Flash Template Advice

milan6 17:07 06 Jan 2006

Hello everyone I am new here so please forgive me if question is kinda ridiculous.

I been designing Web Pages for about 2 years now and currently run a site for a local organization. I use basic HTML, Java scripts and PHP and some graphic editing.

I was recently approached by a potential customer to come up with a Web Design for there music business. I have some idea what there looking for but it involves using Flash and Swish files so it's getting into an area that I am not familiar with. "There going to want a flashy site"

I found a few Flash Templates that I can use and believe customer will be happy with.

My questions are.....

Is this a good way to go?

I have editing software available.

I tried downloading a sample template but was unable to edit text using macromedia flash or dreamweaver.

Hope this makes sense basically I guess I am looking for a starting point or any advice.

Note: Customer has a big time line and not in a rush. Talking maybe months....

Thanks

mco 19:04 06 Jan 2006

As I have learned from this forum, too much flash -as in 'a flashy site'-is a turn-off. Sure, the odd bit to jazz it up maybe (as long as it's not gratuitous animation), but don't bother with fancy intro's; I don't know anyone who actually watches them!

milan6 20:29 06 Jan 2006

Definitely agree but this particular person is leaning towards a site using a flash template.

I am currently trying to figure out how to change text in graphics using adobe and figuring how to get it changed in swf or fla file.

I am testing using a intro template changing psd files and figuring how it all this together.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Comment créer un compte PayPal pour payer en ligne ?