Flash Player For Vista?

Blitzer 16:39 01 Nov 2008

Hi,

I've just had to re-install Windows Vista 64bit on my newly build PC due to Acronis True Image ruining my installation of Windows when I tried to restore my OS partition to a previous state.

Anyway, I have re-installed Windows, drivers and software as per my requirements, but when I try to get the Adobe Flash Player plug-in for Internet Explorer 7 I get the error "Sorry, your platform is not supported." on the Adobe website despite it working fine before I had to re-install Windows. Any ideas?

User-1229748 16:42 01 Nov 2008

was it flash player 10 you were using or flash player 9 ?

Sea Urchin 16:43 01 Nov 2008

Any help?

click here

Blitzer 17:39 01 Nov 2008

I just clicked a link via youtube initially to try and get flash player because I'd just done a fresh install of Windows. It took me directly to the latest version and I also tried to get it directly from the Adobe website with the same result. There does not appear to be a direct link to version 9 as an alternative.

Blitzer 17:42 01 Nov 2008

I ran into that problem when I first built this PC, but it simply warned me that I needed to use the 32bit version of IE. That's exactly what I done last time and Flash Player then installed fine. I have naturally made sure I ran the 32bit version of IE this time round but it just comes up with the error "Sorry, your platform is not supported."

:-(

User-1229748 17:44 01 Nov 2008

did sea urchins' link not work for you? this is a link for flash player 9 but sea urchins' link seems to be the way to goclick here

User-1229748 17:45 01 Nov 2008

sorry i never saw your last post

Blitzer 18:10 01 Nov 2008

Thanks for your help, I just downloaded the file from your link smackheadz and that worked for me. :-) Really appreciate that as I stayed up until 5am this morning reinstalling Windows all the drivers and finally my software.

Really p***ed off with Acronis True Image 11 - avoid like the plague if your are using Vista is my recommendation. Ironic almost that the software I used to avoid having to re-install Windows etc. was the very same software that completely buggered up my system.

If anyone has any recommendations for alternative disk imaging backup software that can be booted from during start-up for backups and restorations that work with Vista 64bit then it woud be much appreciated! ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?