Flash Player Problem

ste1403 15:36 19 Jun 2008

Hi every time i go to watch a video online or anything that requires flash player it always says that i need to update my flash player (which i dont understand why because i hv the latest) so i do, and it still doesnt work, so i uninstall it then reinstall it and it works untill i have resarted the laptop and it just says the same that i need to update flash player.
Does anyone at all have any idea to why this is.

Im uing Vista & IE7

Ditch999 16:18 19 Jun 2008

From the Adobe Forum

navigate to:

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

Then right click over both 'Flash9b.ocx' and 'FlashUtil9b.exe', and chose properties.

In properties choose the 'security' tab > Click on the 'everyone' account, and the button called 'edit' and then tick the box called 'allow full control' and also choose your own Windows local account name.

Once you have done this for both files run the FlashUtil9b.exe and it should install and update and tell you to restart. Do so and you should find that YouTube and other sites that use flash now work.

brundle 16:21 19 Jun 2008

It'll be Flash9f.ocx/Flash9f.exe for the latest version. Having a similar issue on my Vista machine, but solved it by creating a new account.

ste1403 22:56 19 Jun 2008

thanx guys will try that now

ste1403 10:49 27 Aug 2008

its been a while since this post i know, but im still having problems ive tried the steps and it isn't working its still asking me to upgrade flash player, its really getting annoying now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017