Flash Player problem

curlylad 19:38 13 May 2006

If I go to a site where flash player is needed, the site tells me to download the flash player or the newest version of the flash player.

I then click the link to do so which says something like "When you see the animation play and the text below it then you have successfully updated". I then see the animation play and the text but when I go back to the original site where I needed the flash player it still says I need the flash player installed.The same happens if I reboot after the supposed installation of the player.The odd thing is that when I have used the search function on my PC to see what I have installed relating to the flash player the search results came up blank for all these searches for 1) flash player 2) shockwave 3)Macromedia.I also do not have a folder relating to macromedia or any of the other associated words.

What is going on, how can it say I have the player installed when I clearly do not and if I haven't got the player installed then why do the animations play to confirm it is installed ?

Thanks in advance !

VoG II 19:44 13 May 2006
  SB23 19:45 13 May 2006

click here

Try this, worked for me

Steve

curlylad 23:41 13 May 2006

Thanks for the links guys, between you it is now sorted !

SB23 14:10 14 May 2006

Glad it helped, with thanks to AndySD, again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

Political cartoons in 2017: Chris Riddell, Rebecca Hendin and Dave Brown on what it’s like to…

The best iPhone for 2017

Tennis : comment regarder la finale de la Coupe Davis 2017 ?