flash player not detected

Flying Teddy 13:52 30 Jan 2007

When various web pages require flash player to start, I get a message saying for example 'Flash player 8 required, click here to install'. When I attempt to download, I get the right download page, I hit the 'download now' button (always remembering NOT to download the Yahoo Toolbar (for pity's sake Yahoo, leave me alone!)). The install/run dialogue box does not appear, and the revolving oblong appears saying that Flash player has been satisfactorally installed.

After this fruitless exercise, the player is still not detected.

If, however, I uninstall Flash Player and then download and re-install it (always remembering the Yahoo etc etc,), it is then detected correctly and runs.

So, why is Flash player not detected so often, and how can I change things so that this detection failure does not occur?

Does anyone else get this?

Running XP Pro.

anskyber 14:11 30 Jan 2007

Due to recent enhancements to the Flash Player installers, you can now remove the player only by using the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller. To remove Flash Player, simply download and run the appropriate uninstaller for your system using the steps below.

Uninstaller click here

Installer, its vers 9 now. click here

Flying Teddy 14:33 30 Jan 2007

Thanks for the links anskyber, I've done the uninstall reinstall thing from those links, and we'll see how it goes. I'm ticking resolved for now...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?