Flash player Asus EE Linux

shellship 18:32 10 Jan 2010

I need to get Flash Player on my wife's little EE 701 which has a form of Ubuntu Linux. BBC's iPlayer will not run without it. Looking on the various forums about this (and many seem to have had the same problem) it does seem to be difficult and v complicated unless one knows a bit about Linux, which I do not. I appreciate this is mainly a PC Windows forum but can anyone out there advise me in words that I can understand, please.

octal 19:22 10 Jan 2010

Have you got the Ubuntu remix on it? If you have let me know and I'll fire mine up and have a look for you. You should be able to install it from the software repository, even the full version of Ubuntu doesn't install Flashplayer by default, you have to go the the package manager and install it.

scotty 11:00 11 Jan 2010

I did this last month for my daughter's Aspire One. As octal says, you load the software from a repository which you can access from Synaptics Package Manager. Firstly, make sure that all repositories are included (universe, multiverse, non-free). I cannot remember which of the menu options this is in but you will find it easily. Search for SWF or adobe. I recall that there was a Mozilla plugin for SWF files (Macromedia Flash) package that has to be installed.

Poitier 14:49 11 Jan 2010

Hi,
This is how I did it Using Ubuntu 9.10.
click System>Administation>Synaptic Package Manager >Reload .Search for Flash Player 10
Click in the box along side flash Player 10
From the popup menu select Mark for installation then click Apply .The installation should proceed

shellship 17:20 13 Jan 2010

Ignoramus, me.
octal, what is a remix?
scotty, what is a repository? (not what my nasty mind thought, surely)
Poitier, I'll try to find it.
Thanks to all three.

shellship 18:08 13 Jan 2010

Ignoramus and duff info. It runs a form of Xandros Linux, not Ubuntu. Sorry.

realist 21:03 13 Jan 2010

Guide here:
click here

shellship 16:59 14 Jan 2010

Thanks. Will try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?