flash player

raggy 2 19:27 18 Mar 2007

hi guys, I have asked about this problem before, and the advice was to follow links to various sites to download FLASH PLAYER from but they dont work either.
When I go on any FLASH download site I click to download and nothing happens at all not a thing, if I go on youtube, this is the message that appears.

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Get the latest flash player.

Please can someone help, is there a setting on my pc I have turned off?? what is JAVA script?
I am so at a loss.
thanks Raggy

Stuartli 19:31 18 Mar 2007

There are two versions of Flash Player, one for IE and the other for Firefox etc.

If you use both/combination of browsers yo9u can install both versions. See:

click here

Latest Javascript from:

click here

raggy 2 19:54 18 Mar 2007

stuartli
Thanks for that, and I downloaded the right version 9.0 and it installed it yet still went to youtube and got same message again and was asked to download the same version I had just downloaded and installed so does this mean it is the JAVA script that is off and if so how do I turn it on???

rdave13 20:06 18 Mar 2007

Try, control panel, network and internet connection, internet options, programs tab, manage add-ons and make sure ssv helper class... and sun java console are enabled.

Stuartli 20:08 18 Mar 2007

If you are using IE it's Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab>scroll down to Java and Enable (i.e. tick the box).

In Firefox it's from Tools>Options>Content tab>Enable Javascript.

raggy 2 20:24 18 Mar 2007

Have done all this and still the same???
My son is going mad at me as all his friends go on youtube and he cant??????

rdave13 20:32 18 Mar 2007

Try an uninstall click here then a reinstall click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?