flash player

iqs 21:14 22 Nov 2006

Hi,I posted a thread sometime ago asking for help with adobe flash player.I have adobe installed,but web sites which utilise flash requested I download the flash player?.

I followed the advice given in my previous thread,use their uninstall program,then re-install.It seemed to work fine for a while......Its happend again.I have visted various web sites,all state I must install flash.

Sorry for asking this question again.Any idea why this is happening.Cheers,IQS :(

skidzy 21:17 22 Nov 2006

Just install this click here

mammak 21:27 22 Nov 2006

got the exact same problem on my young daughters computer (6 weeks old)the flash player seems to have been installed countless times, I am at the moment looking into installing something different to Adobe flash player,it is only needed so far when she trys to access nick.com but only on IE it is fine on firefox.

PS she likes IE so Mummy must fix this problem :-)

mammak 21:33 22 Nov 2006

I think that is the same one I installed but still have problems with what about you iqs?

I cant check just now as the little one is asleep

skidzy 21:37 22 Nov 2006

Ive never really had such problems with Flash ma :-)

But i know there has been lots and lots of problems when downloading from the Adobe site,however the Filehippo download seems to work for most.I can remember one certain thread regarding flash problems and i recommended the above link,this sorted 3 0r 4 members and to my knowledge still sorted ok.

Why it would cease to stop working so many times is beyond me im afraid.

skidzy 21:39 22 Nov 2006

Here is an old thread regarding Flash Player click here

VoG II 21:42 22 Nov 2006

Mammak - you have a 6 week old using flash player??

mammak 21:50 22 Nov 2006

yes nothing like an early start in the computer world :-)

the computer is six weeks old doh the child is nine yrs old lol.

Stuartli 21:52 22 Nov 2006

There are different versions for IE and Firefox.

skidzy 22:01 22 Nov 2006

Very good point raised by Stuartli regarding the different Flash Players,it may be possible you need the Non-IE version for Firefox and Opera etc

Non-IE Flash Player click here

IE Flash Player click here

mammak 22:09 22 Nov 2006

I what browser are you using? I have IE7 and the latest version of Firefox,

Opera I dont like it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?