Flash Picture Gallary

morefire 12:39 25 May 2007

hi
does anyone knows of any free flash picture gallary software to create webpages so that a visitor cant download your photos?

Or also any software that i can buy that are really good and can display images in both a slide show and still mode.

Any help is much appreciated

MAJ 12:49 25 May 2007

1. If a picture is on your webpage it can be downloaded by right-clicking on it and choosing "Save Picture as".

2. Irfanview (it's free). click here

MAJ 12:52 25 May 2007

1. Sorry I thought that read "can download your photos". But still, if your pictures are visible on the web then they CAN be downloaded. You might consider putting a watermark on each picture, or, uploading a small low resolution copy of your picture.

anchor 13:37 25 May 2007

Have a look at this thread:

click here

could be the answer.

morefire 15:09 25 May 2007

my website is set that you cannot view any of my sub folder or my root folder

so my pictures will be protected and they will also be water marked and if displayed in a flash gallary you cant right click and download them

MAJ 15:55 25 May 2007

You're correct, morefire, right-click doesn't work in a Flash Gallery, but there are other ways to get them if someone really wants them. It's unlikely, if they're family pics etc. that people will bother with them anyway, but just be aware, if they are on the web, they can be got at.

MAJ 16:05 25 May 2007

As an example, morefire, I was able to get fitshase's full-sized pictures (from anchor's post) onto my computer quite easily and I'm no expert. If I was someone unscrupulous I would be able to use fitshase's pictures for something else and pass them off as my own.

fitshase 19:00 25 May 2007

It's a simple case of taking a screenshot, pasting the image into a paint package and cropping as needed.

The photos on my website are highly compressed to keep the speed of the site up and not make it so that people have to wait ages for an image to appear.

The flash gallery compresses them further for the web.

To give you an idea, the uncompressed images are 5MB each whereas the images on the website are approx 60-100kb each.

Belatucadrus 15:16 26 May 2007
  morefire 14:46 27 May 2007

thank you guys for all your response. i will make sure to compress my images and also watermark them.

A flash gallary would be really nice on my site tho an y suggessions on any that are quite good that offers some good displays and easy navigation?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?