Flash not visible in IE7

Hanx1953 14:31 05 Mar 2007

I created an animated Logo in Flash. It is saved with a .swf extension.
I can see it loads correctly and displays in both Opera and Netscape But not in IE7.
When I go to the bbc site it tells me to download flash player. I go through all the motions (except installing the Yahoo toolbar!) and I am reliably informed that I have Flash 9.0.28.
Still not able to see my Flash Logo in IE7 and bbc site still insists that I install Flash Player.
I have reset IE7 to default settings and still it will not let me see my Logo even though it is "obviously" in the Intranet Zone as it is on my local machine. All the other statis pictures show and an animated gif shows too.
What Am I Doing Wrong? (or is it Microsoft again!?)

VoG II 14:41 05 Mar 2007

Try uninstalling click here then install again click here

Hanx1953 15:10 05 Mar 2007

Cheers VoG but I forgot to mention I did that having seen an earlier thread. Still no joy. What really bugs is that it all works fine in Opera and Netscape (Firefox too) so I know it's not a simple "file missing" problem. I think it's related to IE7 not running the .swf. If I right-click it tells me the file is loaded but there seems no way of seeing the "gold on black" logo

birdface 17:25 05 Mar 2007

Make sure you have flash dissabled in SpywareBlaster,Tools, Flash Killer,Make sure bottom square is not ticked.

skidzy 18:01 05 Mar 2007

Try from here click here

Hanx1953 10:15 07 Mar 2007

Thanks to all who replied.
Just to let you all know fo the future.
IE7 cannot display swf animations if they are saved in "vector" format. Use "bitmap" format and all works fine. It seems that the Netscape, Firefox and Opera browsers are much more capable of vector graphics. Microsoft please take note!
The "Aero" engine is insufficient.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?