Flash MX 2004 -

Gaz 25 02:30 02 Jun 2004

I have just opted out to buy the very expensive Flash MX 2004.

But I can create better effects with click here

Is swish really better?

How can I create better Flash files, is there any decent easy get started tutors?

tomleady 09:20 02 Jun 2004

from my experience, Flash isnt easy! it takes a lot of work. i'm not its biggest fan and i like Swish quite a lot.

try click here for some excellent tutorials

Taran 09:28 02 Jun 2004

SWiSH and its family of applications are wonderful programs. They allow people to develop and output their creations in the Flash format without the scary learnng curve of Flash.

The data capabilities that were recently added into the SWiSH products have also increased their potential enormously. I find SWiSH fun to use and good for rapid design of a concept. It isn't Flash though and the overall power underlying SWiSH just isn't there when compared to Flash.

Sit any good Flash devloper down and you will be amazed at what they come up with. I'm not just talking about the built in tools or if they have a flair for design to come up with impressive looking visuals. I'm talking about the programmability of Flash and the fact that you can hook it into web databases or create entire CDROM product catalogues, dynamic quizzes (an understated term when applied to school, college and university learning material) and all kinds of other things.

The widespread and often misguided use of Flash on the web has given it a bad reputation but in the right environment and for certain applications it is superb.

I don't think you can realistically compare Flash and the SWiSH range of products. They each have their fans for very different reasons. UNless I want something to look at in very short order I always go for Flash.

There are loads of tutorials on the web for Flash and any search will return useful results. It has to be said that when I started using it I found I got more out of playing with the sample files and reading the tutorials in the help files several times. They cover all the ground you need initially to start off with Flash and if you remember the techniques involved you can transpose them to any project. I played with the samples, altered them added this, removed that and practiced.

Much of the rest involves effective planning of your output to actually arrive to where you want to be. Too many people crank up Flash and just sit there thinking "I wonder..."

You need a firm goal in mind to know how to get there or you spend a lot of time messing around with this or that and making it up as you go along.

If you want some links then ask but any web search will give you more than you can deal with.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?