Flash got extension and free download manager

herc182 11:13 31 Oct 2004

Dear all,

I just visited the mozilla downloads section and saw this extension. i have installed it but am unsure as to how this will improve my downloading experience. can someone please explain to me how flash got works with free download manager and how that would change the way i download things at the moment (like for example an extension file from Mozilla!)

thanks

iambeavis 11:21 31 Oct 2004

A download manager ensures that if you lose your connection whilst downloading then, on reconnection, the manager will pick it up again where it left off - no need to start all over again at the beginning. Some managers, such as LeechGet - click here - will also organise different types of download into different folders. If you're on broadband, then a manager is superfluous.

Salinger 11:43 31 Oct 2004

Are you sure it's not "FlashGet"? Flashget is pretty good when you get used to it.

herc182 12:41 31 Oct 2004

thats what i thought. i imagine that this type of internet download manager is a dying breed for the dial up users.....

D G 12:48 31 Oct 2004

If you visit this page it exllains about flashgot.
click here

D G 12:48 31 Oct 2004

sorry should have read explains.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?