Flash card query .... all a bit vague!

cocteau48 19:01 11 Aug 2008

Apologies for the lack of hard details here but I'm just working on second hand info.
A couple of pals of mine use Leica survey equipment for their land survey business. Their original equipement was supplied with Leica 64Mb flash cards to transfer the days info to their desktops and which worked as intended. They also purchased some "non-Leica" (shush don't tell Leica) 512Mb cards which also worked as successfully as the 64Mb Leica cards.
They have now upgraded their equipment,which has come supplied with 256Mb Leica cards,and both their desktops (they both have identical desktops)refuse to read the new cards.
One has resorted to buying an external card reader - which works - and the other has discovered that his laptop will read the new card.

Before they just phone up Leica and go "Oi your cards don't work in my desktop mate!" they have asked me if I know whether the problem is likely to be with the card or with the desktop?

Any thoughts anyone? (Muchos kudos for moi as the pair of them think that folks who go on forums are all a bit geeky)

Ditch999 22:54 11 Aug 2008

Reading your post my first thought would be
"If the original Leica 64mb cards worked OK in the desktops then there is no reason why the new 256mb ones should not work." (And it should be up to Leica to sort it out as I know how much survey equipment /software costs)

But I would have a GOOD read on the Leica website click here first!

woodchip 22:57 11 Aug 2008

They may need formating

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?