Fixed switchable graphics not working

Sly_23 10:21 15 Mar 2015

I have recently re-installed my Windows and I have encountered a problem, i have an HP Pavilion DV6 6c57ea with switchable graphics (Radeon HD 7470M and Intel HD 3000) and since I hate the "Dynamic" switchable mode, in which Catalyst Control Center decides when to use either of the graphics cards, i've switched the mode to Fixed in the BIOS, trouble is, since i've reinstalled Windows, it seems like CCC is overriding that BIOS setting and using the Dynamic mode, and i don't understand why, I have tried to reinstall the drivers, i've updated to the latest ones, and still can't figure it out, here's what CCC is showing me when i click "Configure switchable graphics": click here

rdave13 13:35 15 Mar 2015

Try HP help and support first. You might be missing a driver.

robin_x 13:56 15 Mar 2015

Did you download and re-install latest Chipset Driver(s) too?

And is the BIOS on latest version?

I don't know if these will help, but feel they may be worth checking just in case.

There's also a Scan Now button on the downloads page

HP Pages for dv6-6c57ea

Sly_23 20:53 15 Mar 2015

Yeah, i've installed everything from their drivers page, except for the graphics drivers, since they're outdated, I took them from ATI's and Intel's website. I kind of fixed the problem, i've deleted all of the drivers and uninstalled the cards from device manager, then did a restart, turned off wi-fi to prevent Windows to download the drivers automatically, and installed ONLY the ATI driver from Hp's website, it works now, but i'm running an old driver, I tried updating it and the ATi card just disconnected and the Intel one took over, i don't know why this is happening...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?