Fixed one problem only to discover another!

sawuk 01:53 05 Sep 2009

I have just sorted out the problem of my desktop rotated to the right and now my desktop has gone apart from the background picture. I have lost control of all menus, right click features.

The only thing I can do is move the mouse cursor around. Task manager shows that all services are loaded and running. The windows key on the keyboard wont brink the start menu up either.

I have tried restoring my pc to the very first restore point and when it has finished it restarts and all the icons are present but when I click a button or press a keyboard key the whole lot just vanishes.

Any help very appreciated? Cheers

birdface 07:05 05 Sep 2009

Have you tried last good configuration in safe mode.or maybe check Device Manager to see if any problems in there.
There is an internal keyboard that you can use maybe someone can explain how to get it.
Maybe try another keyboard as the problem you had started with that.

birdface 07:20 05 Sep 2009

Looks like you go to Run and type in osk then enter for the internal keyboard it may hel until you find the problem.

click here

sawuk 09:25 05 Sep 2009

I cant do anything once the pc has loaded. I have tried changing the keyboard and doesn't help. It loads upto the desktop and there is no icons to see, just the background picture. I have a mouse pointer but cant click (left or right) on anything.

ARGGHHHHH!!!

birdface 10:16 05 Sep 2009

Have you tried Safe Mode or safe Mode with networking.Or does it not work on there either.
If no further help you will have to think about doing a system repair.

sharpamat 10:18 05 Sep 2009

sounds like a software problem more than hardware. Some systems have an option in the pre post to do some scans
If you save a O/S disc run scannow, also once you can get into the system virus/malware scan and check the drivers are all correct

sawuk 23:34 13 Sep 2009

I have resolved the problem by using HDD Erase 4.0 and repartioning and fresh installing windows.

Thanks again for all help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?