Fix it site

ajs160n 13:56 02 Sep 2010

Whenever I try and use the Microsoft "fix it" site and click on "run now" it stops the process because of a "run time error".Does anyone know what this is.

lotvic 14:05 02 Sep 2010

It depends on the type of runtime error that you receive. Were any other details given?

Were you using Internet Explorer?
What was problem that made you try the Microsoft "fix it" site?

ajs160n 16:16 02 Sep 2010

It happens if I use the function on any of the categories. The one in particular being the "overall speed and performance" category. I am using Mozilla but it also happens on IE. Thanks.

lotvic 17:55 02 Sep 2010

Were no other details displayed on screen to give a clue about the runtime error?

ajs160n 19:40 02 Sep 2010

sorry for delay in replying---it just says "error occurred because of run time error, please try again later"

ajs160n 19:40 02 Sep 2010

sorry for delay in replying---it just says "error occurred because of run time error, please try again later"

lotvic 20:15 02 Sep 2010

Well I don't know, I can only think it may be related to their server timing out for your request if they have too many wanting it at same time.

Might be good idea to start a separate thread with the actual problem you are having (slow computer) with your pc and maybe someone can suggest how it might be improved.

Don't forget to post your pc specs. - Operating System, Make Model, amount of RAM memory etc.
and what progs you use for antivirus etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?