fix a background - easy if you know how - PHP

ktheed1 22:25 04 Jan 2004

hi there i have somewhere messed up a page on my site i paid someone to do for me and need to get it back properley the problem is that when ever someone looks at a profile the white has gone strange its meant to be like the front page click here but have a look at click here thats what i mean, if you could drop a note and i can email you the file to make a change to it if you can,

thankyou

Taran 10:54 05 Jan 2004

Why not reload the site from your backup ?

I'm assuming that you did keep a working copy as backup.

ktheed1 16:41 05 Jan 2004

but when i made changes it saved over them so i could upload them

ktheed1 16:41 05 Jan 2004

if you wish to download the view.php to see if you can change it its located at click here

Forum Editor 19:11 05 Jan 2004

who designed the site? He/she will almost certainly have a backup copy, and could restore the site in a matter of minutes.

I'm sure you don't need me to tell you this now, but you should always keep an archive copy of your site on removeable media. That way you can easily and rapidly restore things to normal should the worst happen.

Taran 19:18 05 Jan 2004

I should add that PHP, by its very nature, references elements of your site outside of the parent document. This could be one or more modules, fields from your uderlying database(s), functions from other PHP files on your web server and so on.

I've not looked at the file you've linked to for dowload since the likelihood of its layout properties being displayed in that one file is very slim.

If I get the time later or tomorrow I may take a look, but PHP is not like HTML with cut and dried background colours detailed in the one document. Most PHP output is the result of several files held on your server.

PurplePenny 23:04 05 Jan 2004

The page looks just fine the way it is. The blue background is wider on the profile page but it doesn't look out of place.

Penny

xplogos 13:27 06 Jan 2004

If all you need to do is make the left section have a white background you can just change the following section of your view.php file I think:

<Tr bgcolor="<?=COLOR1?>">
<Td valign="top">
<?if (C_PHOTOSH) {?>

You just need to add the bgcolor tag - this is already added on the other rows for the text on the RHS.

James

ktheed1 22:25 06 Jan 2004

i have managed to make some of it white by putting this code in it bgcolor="<?=COLOR1?>"> but now there is just the blue bar there. it does work if you just change the view.php file as that is all i have done so if you could please take a look at it and see if you can get the blue bar where its says Profile Id (you will see what i mean when you look at it)

thankyou

xplogos 08:31 07 Jan 2004

The problem is that you've put the profile id#[2] line outside of the table.

This appears first:

<br>
<span class=dat><?=$w[207]?>[<?=$id?>]</span>
<br><br>

Then your table starts.

You need to add another row to the middle table and then put this code in there.

I'll take a proper look at it later and see if I can give you the exact code.

JamesB

xplogos 08:50 07 Jan 2004

Try adding this code:

<tr bgcolor="<?=COLOR1?>>
<td colspan="2" align="<?=C_ALIGN?>">
<span class=dat><?=$w[207]?>[<?=$id?>]</span>
</td>
</tr>

After the line that reads:

<table CellSpacing="0" CellPadding="0" width="<?=C_BWIDTH?>" border=0>

This should hopefully work. If it doesn't let me know...

JamesB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?