first time with broadband, who to choose?

lill1 10:49 11 Mar 2006

I am not as computer literate as most of the contributers here appear to be so would like to pick your brains. I want to subscribe to broadband, it has just become available in our area, but am unsure who to sign up with.Am currently with Onetel, want to keep the cheap overseas calls with them - but their cheapest package is not as cheap as some others. I want unlimited use, minimal downloads but reliable service. Anyone know anything about PlusNet?

bruno 10:57 11 Mar 2006

I have used Metronet for two years and I am very happy.You do have to buy your modem and pay a connect fee.Go to ADSL guide click here and you can see what they all have to offer.A lot depends on how much you want to download and whether or not you would be hindered by having a limit imposed.

johnnyrocker 10:58 11 Mar 2006

click here an have a look at isp comparitor.

johnny.

Gongoozler 11:38 11 Mar 2006

The latest PC Advisor magazine dated May 2006 has just arrived in the post, and so should be on the shelves in about a week, has the results of their survey of customer opinions of ISP's. Plusnet comes out very well in the survey. I've been with Tiscali broadband for 2 years and have been very satisfied with the service and value, currently at £14.99 for 1M unlimited (subject to a reasonable use clause).

chub_tor 12:26 11 Mar 2006

We all have our favourites and mine is freedom2surf (f2s). I have been with them close to 2 years, they are fast, reliable and any little problems that I have had have been sorted very quickly. I agree with bruno go to ADSL Guide and do a comparison that's how I selected f2s in the first place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?