First Gaming PC - Is it any good?

Gravy97 18:17 01 Jan 2015

I have been pricing up gaming PCs for a while now, a good couple of years now but I've never actually got one because I've never really understood all the parts and what you need but also because I've been an Xbox player and all my mates played with me on my 360. Now that next gen consoles have come out, I've tried to persuade as many of my mates to buy a PC as opposed to the XONE or PS4, and I've finally got enough money (hopefully aha) to get a half decent gaming PC. My budget is around £800 and I've priced up one that I hope will do the job. I'm open to any suggestions for improvements, but please bare in mind that I'm on a budget and I'm not willing to build it myself :)

• AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB Graphics Card
  • BitFenix Shinobi Gaming Case - White/Black
  • CoolerMaster GM Series G750M Bronze PSU
  • MSI 970A-G46 Motherboard
  • Standard Manufacturer Heatsink Fan
  • 4.2GHz AMD FX-4350 4-Core CPU
  • 1 x 1TB (1000GB) Sata III Hard Drive
  • 8GB TeamGroup Elite Black 1600MHz DDR3 RAM
  • Microsoft Windows 8.1 64bit + Installation
  • 1 x 24x DVD-RW Optical Drive

This comes out at £794.90 with 1 year warranty from Vibox. My main purpose for this PC is to play games like Dayz, Battlefield, Garry's Mod, Civ 5 and more multiplayer focused games if that makes any sense :P

Ian in Northampton 18:25 01 Jan 2015

I think that's good. It's better specified than my son's PC (which I got from ViBox, who I can recommend) and he gets a good experience on the games he plays.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?