First free Cloud Anti Virus

northumbria61 12:42 24 Aug 2012

I used to use Panda Antivirus software years ago but there is now a "Cloud" version available for FREE if anyone is interested. There is an option to purchase the PRO version.

http://www.cloudantivirus.com/en/#!/free-antivirus-download

northumbria61 13:51 24 Aug 2012

Click on Learn More in that LINK (left side of page below female picture) - next screen shows comparisons between FREE and PRO versions - at the bottom of that screen 3 options - choosing How does it Work you have option to view Video. This will explain All !

northumbria61 13:58 24 Aug 2012

Jock1e - explained - enter link description here

northumbria61 14:01 24 Aug 2012

An even better explanation with test results - enter link description here

rdave13 14:37 24 Aug 2012

Avast partially uses the Cloud , hybrid cloud technology

northumbria61 15:00 24 Aug 2012

Jock1e - it does not matter what Security program site that you visit they will all say the same,they are the best.

I do agree with you on that but I posted this as a First Free Cloud Antivirus for anyone interested in trying it out as an alternative to other Antivirus software out there, who unlike you may be due for renewal. I am an AVG user (for many years) and now with the full Internet Security Suite 2012 and I wouldn't change.

T0SH 18:47 24 Aug 2012

One of the first things that often happens following malware infections, is an inabillity to connect to the internet or the blocking of any online site related to antivirus programs, so given that the usabillity of any cloud based system may be somewhat limited ?

Cheers HC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache