Firewire or USB

  bronco 12:11 12 May 2003

Do I need firewire to transfer footage from a digital camcorder to my pc, or can I use the USB port.

  scotty 12:28 12 May 2003

Firewire is the normal method for transferring footage from camcorder to pc. If the camcorder also has a USB connector it is probably to allow still images to be transferred or to use the camcorder as a webcam.

  vinnyT 12:29 12 May 2003

If the connection on your camcorder is frewire (and it almost certainly is), then to transfer to your pc you need a firewire port. You may be able to get a usb to firewire converter, even if you can it may not give the best results.

  bronco 12:40 12 May 2003

Thanks scotty and vinnyT.

  vinnyT 15:13 12 May 2003


This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?