Firewire hotfix, will Microsof talk to me?

silverous 16:56 23 Sep 2006

I think I have this issue on a new ATMT external 300GB hard disk I've purchased:

click here;en-us;885464

It says a hotfix is available. I know when we've needed these at work MS warn you that it may be chargable if it is found to be something else, then they send you an email and you download.

As my Windows XP is OEM (it came with the PC)...will they talk to me to give me the hotfix download ? I wondered if they only talk direct to boxed product customers.

silverous 16:57 23 Sep 2006

Darn the click here thing ... hope in a future site release there's a way to get better control over those.

Here's the link working:

click here

VoG II 16:59 23 Sep 2006

You can also format MSKB links like

http:// support.microsoft.com/?kbid=885464

Stuartli 16:59 23 Sep 2006

Your Click Here is an unavailable page.

In any case, as you are a private rather than a business user, it would seem strange if you were to be charged for a HotFix.

Stuartli 17:01 23 Sep 2006

Use TINYurl from:

click here

Drag and drop the link to your Toolbar.

silverous 17:13 23 Sep 2006

Stuart thanks - read my second post, I used tinyurl. I'm just used to being able to copy and paste URLs into posts but occasionally come unstuck.

silverous 17:14 23 Sep 2006

maybe I should just call them monday and see. Was hoping to email as I don't get a lot of time during office hours in week.

johnnyrocker 17:17 23 Sep 2006

nothing wrong with your link, leads straight to microsoft info.

johnny.

silverous 17:18 23 Sep 2006

johnny, thanks - the first one doesn't though (it does reach MS site but not the intended page) - 2nd one does as I fixed it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?