Firewire communication problem

Taurus 11:50 07 Sep 2007

Good Morning, I have developed a problem with my firewire card that someone may be able to help me with. up until recently I was able to upload from my DV camera to the pc via a Via 1394 firewire card,the pc automatically recognising the camera and opening the download dialog when the camara was plugged into the card, but now it has suddenly decided to ignore the camera totally. Device manager and Belarc Advisor both confirm that the machine is aware of the card, I have reloaded the driver but to n avail. My video editing software (Cyberlink Power Director 6) does not acknowledge that the camera is there either. My camera is a Canon MV890, which works fine otherwise, and I am running Vista 32 bit. I do not have a second camera with wich to test the Canon, but any other help or suggestions you can give will be very appreciated.

holme 12:05 07 Sep 2007

Just a thought. Does Windows Movie Maker acknowledge the camera?

I'm a bit nervous about suggesting this as someone else recently said she had probs getting the version of Movie Maker in Vista (v6?) to 'see' her TV card. But it might be worth a try anyhow; if WMM 'sees' the camera, that's positive, but it may report 'Not connected'. HTH.

Taurus 12:39 07 Sep 2007

Thanks for the reply, but MM stopped working completely some time ago which is why I now use Power Director.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?