OCTCORE 16:16 21 Jul 2009

Hello there,

I need a firewire adpapter for a year old Acer laptop, I was surpised no 'off shelf' options at currys/comet etc. Do I have to utillise the PCMI socket or is there a USB converter? I have seen tons on ebay, but has anyone bought one that actually works.


  ambra4 16:42 21 Jul 2009

“Do I have to utilizes the PCMI socket”

Yes you can but make sure you buy the correct type for your laptop

Check if the laptop has an Express Card 34/54 or a PCMCIA (Cardbus) slot

An Express Card 34/54 will not fit into a PCMCIA slot

Check this site for both types of Firewire cards

2 Port Firewire (i.Link) Express Card

click here_(i.Link)_Express_Card/product_info.html

2 Port Firewire (i.Link) PCMCIA Card

click here_(i.Link)_PCMCIA_Card/product_info.html

  chub_tor 16:44 21 Jul 2009

click here or click here depending on which type of interface your laptop has.

  ambra4 16:45 21 Jul 2009

Sorry about that

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?